Indianpilots.great-forum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indianpilots.great-forum.com

This website is the hub for all aviation related talks - airline buzz , new stuff , exam forms and results - its all in here!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spotters arrested... Brit nationals

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
arvind_kumar

arvind_kumar

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Spotters arrested... Brit nationals Empty
PostSubject: Spotters arrested... Brit nationals   Spotters arrested... Brit nationals EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:56 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/7375579/British-plane-spotters-fined-400-for-monitoring-Indian-aircraft.html

Quote :
Stephen Hampton and Steven Ayres initially faced up to 10 years in an Indian jail after being arrested over spying claims.

They aroused suspicion after asking hotel staff for a room overlooking a runway at Indira Gandhi International Airport and were carrying an air traffic control scanner, laptop, binoculars and cameras.

Spotters be adviced!!!
Back to top Go down
yash777
yash777

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Spotters arrested... Brit nationals   Spotters arrested... Brit nationals EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:13 am

Its been a while since it happened, and they have been freed after a fine of 25000 rs. Sad, just sad. But its their fault too. Why the heck did they lock themselves up in a room for 2-3 days with equipment such as scanners and stuff. That would obviously give rise to suspicion. They should have contacted the local spotters for further help
Back to top Go down
arvind_kumar

arvind_kumar

PostSubject: Re: Spotters arrested... Brit nationals   Spotters arrested... Brit nationals EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Ya i know I actually wanted to post it immediately but didnt find time. so posted now. Guess no else has posted it.

Btw you are right, moreover they have asked the hotel staff to provide a room overlooking the airport which by itself tends to make the locals feel uncomfortable, moreover after headley incident every one is extra cautious with foreigners. As you rightly said they should have asked some local spotters for guidance...unneccesary nuisance
Back to top Go down
gauravprakash007
Admin
gauravprakash007

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Spotters arrested... Brit nationals   Spotters arrested... Brit nationals EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:26 am

Quote :
ave asked some local spotters for guidance...unneccesary nuisance

Quote :
They should have contacted the local spotters for further help

Local spotters?
How will you ever get a hold of them?
I think the only thing they messed up was locking in the room for days.

But it puts us in a bad shape in the spotting arena! [Sad]
Back to top Go down
https://indianpilots.forumotion.net
arvind_kumar

arvind_kumar

PostSubject: Re: Spotters arrested... Brit nationals   Spotters arrested... Brit nationals EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:47 pm

Gaurav ur too naive!!! they should have joined Indianpilot.great-forum Wink and got to know some spotters!!! ... double dhamaka!!! some new members + local guidance for the members hehehehehe Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
gauravprakash007
Admin
gauravprakash007

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Spotters arrested... Brit nationals   Spotters arrested... Brit nationals EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:17 am

ha ha ha!
lol!

I guess if they were in Banglore they had a better chance!
They have a designated spotters area and group.
I dont know what happened to Mumbai , I remember me Yash and a few other active guys were planning on approaching the AAI to get us some ID or something but have no idea how far its gone.
Back to top Go down
https://indianpilots.forumotion.net
yash777
yash777

Number of posts : 304

PostSubject: Re: Spotters arrested... Brit nationals   Spotters arrested... Brit nationals EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:10 am

gauravprakash007 wrote:
ha ha ha!
lol!

I guess if they were in Banglore they had a better chance!
They have a designated spotters area and group.
I dont know what happened to Mumbai , I remember me Yash and a few other active guys were planning on approaching the AAI to get us some ID or something but have no idea how far its gone.

People from BLR are trying to do that...However someone from BOM needs to step up. This thing can't be done from a place which is 300 kms away.

Yash
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotters arrested... Brit nationals   Spotters arrested... Brit nationals Empty

Back to top Go down

Spotters arrested... Brit nationals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Indianpilots.great-forum.com :: Aviation News-
Jump to: