Indianpilots.great-forum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indianpilots.great-forum.com

This website is the hub for all aviation related talks - airline buzz , new stuff , exam forms and results - its all in here!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I was harrased on board : Airhostess

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gauravprakash007
Admin
gauravprakash007

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-23

I was harrased on board : Airhostess Empty
PostSubject: I was harrased on board : Airhostess   I was harrased on board : Airhostess EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 3:45 pm

An airhostess has pressed charges of assault and sexual harassment against the commander and co-pilot of an Air India flight following a mid-air scuffle on board the Sharjah-Lucknow-Delhi flight.
The airhostess (name withheld on request) lodged an FIR at IGI Airport police station on Saturday. Pending inquiry, Air India has de-rostered both pilots and the two cabin crew members involved in the incident.
Sources said a scuffle broke out between Commander Ranbeer Arora and a flight person (or male crew member), identified as Amit, about 20 minutes after flight IC-884 took off at 12.35 am Sharjah time. Another source onboard said the co-pilot had invited the flight person to the cockpit to resolve the issue, and the airhostess, about 25 years, was acting as a mediator.
According to the source, pilot Ranbeer Arora allegedly passed intimidating comments when the two crew members were in the cockpit. “The commander tried to physically abuse me. When I resisted, he pushed me outside the cockpit,” the airhostess told Newsline.
She claimed she was touched at inappropriate places.
Sources said Arora has been involved in such fights earlier, too. Arora could not be reached for comments.
Joint Commissioner (Operations) Satendra Garg said, “A case has been registered under Sections 354, 323 and 34 of IPC accusing the co-pilot and commander of molestation, passing derogatory remarks outraging modesty, and simple hurt. We have got the medical examination done and will take the version of the accused.”
Back to top Go down
https://indianpilots.forumotion.net

I was harrased on board : Airhostess
Page 1 of 1