Indianpilots.great-forum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indianpilots.great-forum.com

This website is the hub for all aviation related talks - airline buzz , new stuff , exam forms and results - its all in here!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

COMPLAINT

Go down 
+2
iceman
captankit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
captankit
captankit

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-06-08

COMPLAINT Empty
PostSubject: COMPLAINT   COMPLAINT EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 1:25 am

One thing i noticed in this site as well as the previous version of it was... that some of the members in this community are really harsh on the so called "NEWBIES" i know sometimes the question they ask are really irritating... but even such questions can be tackled in an encouraging as well as not so harsh manner... no one should ever forget the silly question we had asked when we were in our phase of plunging into this field..... full of anxiety and questions... regarding various aspects of aviation... the newbies should be told the truth and then its on them if they want to plunge into this challenging field ... and not discourage them ...

so i would like to request the moderator to start a topic on pros and cons ... for the newbies and all the senior or RED members (especially captbala) to please post there valuable comments... and then all this should be read by every newbie...
and the screening test should be compulsory for every one ... only after that the account should be activated...... and the FAQ's of the previous indianpilot site should be sent to low scorers ......

and after that when we see a repeated question ... we should only tell them to refer to the FAQs.... to the extent possible..... and try not to use harsh comments on them..

well somehow i was able to restrain myself to mention any names... but i really feel its not a very healthy practice to underestimate a newbie... cause u cannot compare yourself with them... u had your time.. u know all this 'cause u r in this field... but for a common man it is really not easy to comprehend and understand the complexity of the whole process right from the first step to the final seat towards the right seat of the cockpit..

such a practice was very common in the previous version of the forum... and is in its inception on this forum as well . . so i would like to request the members to avoid such a practice
Back to top Go down
iceman

iceman

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-06-03

COMPLAINT Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMPLAINT   COMPLAINT EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:33 pm

Hey Ankit

I agree with whatever u say.but let me put forward my view.

If one is really interested in pursuing a career one would go to any lengths to collecting as much info as possible.

And this generation is very lucky to have the Internet.u want info on anything its just a mouse click away. and some of these wannabes dont bother to search for that info.They have to take some initiative and find out for themselves instead of expecting to being spoon fed.

And in the previous forum the problem was questions were repeatedly asked.that is very irritating to the regular readers of the forum.New members never bothered to search before posting.
Another contributing factor was the forum moderators also had very limited powers.Also i think the only active forum moderator in there was haree.

Hope this time gaurav and the other moderators will do a better job.

If the wannabes do a search and still if they cant find what they are looking for then post it here.i am sure the other guys will help them out.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
gauravprakash007
Admin
gauravprakash007

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-23

COMPLAINT Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMPLAINT   COMPLAINT EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 12:23 am

Firstly I thank iceman and ankit for putting forward their views!
Both of u have a point!
And a strong one!

So lets do onething....
i'm creating a poll....
lets see what ppl have to say....
or wait for ppl to post here on thier views....

Quote :
Hope this time gaurav and the other moderators will do a better job.
I can guarantee you that!
Back to top Go down
https://indianpilots.forumotion.net
shanks
I'm a trainee pilot

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-27

COMPLAINT Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMPLAINT   COMPLAINT EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 9:44 am

Im just a junior student pilot who will hopefully solo in less than 2 weeks .. but when I had started out, I was also clueless about various stuff regarding this wonderful profession ...
I myself was in such a situation at one point of time ... and I asked a lot of people all kinds of questions about DGCA exams, whether they are tough etc,
about the medical exams, Class 1 , class 2, PMR, and even about the salaries of pilots ! ... and frankly speaking I never got any proper replies or answers ... infact at that time I had never heard about IP.com ...

However, once I became a member of the erstwhile IP.com, I got all my questions answered ... and also learnt a lot of other stuff ... ofcourse I did myself ask some questions related to topics which had already been beaten to death and I learnt it the hard way ... To LITERALLY DIG FOR INFORMATION THAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR ...

My first post was about 3 months after I registered ...

It's tough .. but the advantage is that along with what you're looking for, you end up learning a lot more ... more than you would have bargained for !

but the most important lesson I learnt was to be persistant .. perseverance pays ..

P.S .. and Hey GP .. you and the other mods here are doing a great job ! Keep it up !!!

pirat
Back to top Go down
to_coolguys

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-05-27

COMPLAINT Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMPLAINT   COMPLAINT EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Yes..I agree with Shanks totally..Once you start searching for one thing you end up learning a lot..and you also come across such post where moderators make a comment Very Happy and you learn what not to do...
Back to top Go down
ayush konisetty

ayush konisetty

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-09-18

COMPLAINT Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMPLAINT   COMPLAINT EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:28 am

Hi everyone, i just wanted to say i feel more than happy to be around you people on this forum and you guys trying to make this place an even more better place of learning for newbies like me. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

COMPLAINT Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMPLAINT   COMPLAINT Empty

Back to top Go down

COMPLAINT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Indianpilots.great-forum.com :: Suggestions/Comments :: I think....-
Jump to: