Indianpilots.forumotion.com

This website is the hub for all aviation related talks - airline buzz , new stuff , exam forms and results - its all in here!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Information on Cadet Pilot programs in 2008

Go down 
AuthorMessage
andy_del

PostSubject: Information on Cadet Pilot programs in 2008   Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:13 pm

Hi,

Can anyone provide me information on the upcoming Cadet Pilot Programs for 2008?

I want to know which airlines are going to call interested candidates for their cadet pilot schemes (National as well International).

Singapore Airlines (SIA) had conducted interviews for the same some time around the month of May'07. Will they be coming back in 2008? Also, are any other airlines looking to emulate SIA's example?

I'd be very grateful for any useful information that I can get.
Back to top Go down
Aravinth

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Information on Cadet Pilot programs in 2008   Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:51 am

Hi......

You got to check online. Check online orkut communities. SIAs selected candidates are clueless n still waiting.

www.unitedaviation.com
www.spicejet.com
http://www.unitedaviation.in/registration.asp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pundit

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Information on Cadet Pilot programs in 2008   Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:53 pm

gee thxs aravinth!!! SIA guys are still waiting?? thats news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andy_del

PostSubject: Information on Cadet Pilot programs in 2008   Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:39 am

Thanks Aravinth,

I'll keep a watch on all possible fronts.

Btw, wonder what happened with SIA? Air India is infamous for such sloppy management but one would expect a world-class airline like SIA to be better off at concluding what they started.

It'd be interesting to know what plans Jet Airways has up its sleeves. There was talk of Jet launching a Cadet Pilot Programme of its own along with Sabena Flight Academy. I wonder how far that has progressed.
Back to top Go down
mdudeja

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Information on Cadet Pilot programs in 2008   Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:35 pm

Oh, trust me we're all waiting for that to surface!

You're right, these guys really should keep the candidates updated about the current status of the selection procedure. It's sad that a lot of people are stuck mid-way through these processes and have to go through the associated uncertainity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iceman

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Information on Cadet Pilot programs in 2008   Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:35 am

u guys r crying over cadet programmes.

Imagine type rated pilots with heavy jet time being placed in the holding pool for years with no reply from the airline.

In the end it all comes down to timing and the demand supply situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andy_del

PostSubject: Information on Cadet Pilot programs in 2008   Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:53 am

Yes Iceman u r right. I can only guess how frustrating that might be.

But let's hope the situation improves. How bad can it be with the industry taking off like it is these days?
Back to top Go down
sandysup
I'm a trainee pilot

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Information on Cadet Pilot programs in 2008   Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:59 pm

New York : IndiGo Airlines and Sabena Flight Academy, which has offices in Brussels, Belgium, and in Arizona, USA, have signed a long term 'Pilot Training Services Agreement'.
Under the agreement, Sabena will train Indian pilots for IndiGo in its subsidiary, Sabena Airline Training Centre in Arizona, as well as offer its simulator facility in Brussels for "multi crew cooperation and type rating course" on A320 aircraft.
Pointing to Sabena's reputation for providing world class pilot training, Steve Harfst, IndiGo's chief operating officer, said: "Their focus on safety and their new fleet of glass-cockpit equipped Diamond aircraft will ensure that our cadet pilots will get the best training available as they work toward earning their commercial pilot licences."
Sabena's President and CEO Jack Waldeyer said that they were already training over 200 Indian pilots in Arizona.
Selection tests for IndiGo-Sabena cadet programme will be held in different cities in India.

No more details!!

Cheers
Sandy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aravinth

Number of posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: Information on Cadet Pilot programs in 2008   Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Sabena is crowded beyond its capacity.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information on Cadet Pilot programs in 2008   

Back to top Go down

Information on Cadet Pilot programs in 2008
Page 1 of 1