Indianpilots.great-forum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indianpilots.great-forum.com

This website is the hub for all aviation related talks - airline buzz , new stuff , exam forms and results - its all in here!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cyrilroy21
cyrilroy21

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2007-05-30

When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot Empty
PostSubject: When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot   When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot EmptyMon Jul 30, 2007 4:09 pm

Mumbai: Pilots are worried about their co-pilots and that is worrying the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). “Would you trust your driver if he had just 10 hours of driving experience?” asks a senior and experienced pilot of a low-cost airline.
The boom in the aviation sector has triggered off a time-bomb waiting to explode. A student-pilot, who was earlier required to fly 250 hours for acquiring a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL), is now required to fly only 200 hours.
“After completing 197 hours, the next three hours are spent for the check ride to finally acquire a commercial pilot licence,” says Marc Carvalho, who is CEO of the Baramati-based Academy of Carver Aviation Private Ltd.
Aviation experts are not as worried by the reduction in flying hours as by the decline in the quality and standards of training imparted. “There have been cases where a student has flown for one hour and the authorities at the flying clubs make them log in two hours or more,” says a captain with a major airline.
“When they make the student log in more than what they have flown, they cut fuel cost, wear and tear of the machine. Also, many students move out quickly leading to more students coming in,” says an airline examiner. “As a result the quality being churned out by these schools is very poor.”
29/07/07 R Swaminathan, Swati Chopra & Gautam Sheth/Daily News & Analysis
Back to top Go down
jayson

jayson

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot   When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot EmptyMon Jul 30, 2007 7:20 pm

if an aircraft could be operated by a single crew, the ever cost-cutting airlines wouldn't recruit a co-pilot. obviously, the f/o is an integral part of the crew and mutual trust between commander and f/o is always warranted. this reminds me of a forced landing incident where the captain continued to land while his f/o disputed i go around. the end product was that the a/c had a forced landing followed by fire. on the issue of inexperience i would like to ask a question: who is responsible for the aviation boom? naturally the av ministry and gov. the dearth for experienced pilots was bound to come. the average age of flt crew abroad is abt 35 yrs while here an 18 year old with 200 hrs(indicated) gets an airline job. so i feel there is absolutely no reason to complain. this is just another side of the boom. and did somebody say flying an airplane is easier than riding a cycle
Back to top Go down
captankit
captankit

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot   When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 10:45 am

look its not like u can doubt on the capability of a person just because false logging is taking place in various schools.. i know the quality is degrading ... but this does not comply everywhere... some schools are still creating highly skilled pilots...and it has nothing to do with age...
even an 18 year old is as proffesional as any other pilot ...

if just because of the matter of fact that requirement of hours have been reduced by 50 hours does not mean that the commander can doubt the capability of his f/o ... if he is doing it.. i think there is some problem on his part.. he should be trusting the recruiting department and believe that the f/o provided to him is the best option available to the company at that time and try to comply with it..

and by no means i think that reducing the hours will affect the flight safety...
Back to top Go down
haree
I'm an Experienced Senoir Member

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot   When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 6:08 pm

As i always say.. just ignore anything related to aviation in the shitty news papers... its full of S**t! Right from the 10000 pilot jobs to the orders to the standard of pilots these a*******s who write these articles have no idea whats going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot   When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot Empty

Back to top Go down

When a pilot doesn’t trust his co-pilot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Indianpilots.great-forum.com :: Aviation News-
Jump to: